The District Industries Centre,(DICs) programme was started by the Central Government in 1978 with the objective of providing a focal point for promoting small,tiny, cottage and village industries in a particular area and to make available to them all necessary services and facilities at one place. To facilitate the process of small enterprise development, DICs have been entrusted with most of the administrative and financial powers. DICs functions under the ‘Directorate of Industries’. Each DIC is headed by a General Manager who is assisted by Functional Managers and Project Managers to look after the following activities.
Activities of District Industries Centre(DIC)
- Acts as a catalyst to boost industrialisation in the district.
- Prepares the industrial profile of the district.
- Statistics and information in the form of Directories of existing industrial units in the district in the large,Medium and Small sectors as well as Mega Projects are maintained.
- Opportunity guidance to enterpreneurs.
- Manpower assessment with respect to skilled, semi -skilled workers.
- Organises entrepreneurship development training programs under RSETI (Rural Self Employment Training Institutes)
- Provides information about various Government schemes,subsidies,grants and assistance available from the other corporations set up for promotion of industries.
- Udyog Aadhaar Memorandum :- Micro, Small and Meduim Enterprises can file Udyog Aadhaar Memorandum at http://udyogaadhaar.gov.in, the Udyog Aadhaar portal maintained by the Ministry of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises.
- Advices the entrepreneurs on investments.
- Acts as link between the entrepreneurs and the lead bank of the district.
- Implements Government sponsored schemes for unemployed people like Prime Minister Employment Generation Programme(PMEGP). In this scheme up to 25 lacs loan for manufacturing units and upto 10 lacs for Service sector units is provided to the unemployed persons to set up their ventures and they further generate employment for other unemployed persons with this loan.
SUBSIDY UNDER SCHEME CATEGORY PROJECT COST Own Contribution % of Subsidy Urban Rural General 10% 15% 25% SC/ST/OBC/Women/Minority/Ex Service Men/ Handicapped 5% 25% 35%
- Registraion of societies:- Under Society Registration Act 1860 General Manager ,DIC acts as Additional Registrar of Societies for registration of social welfare and charitable societis whose area of operation is Patiala and societies whose area of operation is Punjab are forwarded to Registrar of Firms & Societies ,Chandigarh.
- Issuance of I-Card to Handloom weavers and artisans :- General Manager DIC issues I -Card to Handloom Weavers and Artisans.
- Trade Fairs:- General Manager D.I.C promotes the participation of artisans in trade fairs.
- Implements Lubricating control ornder 1987 and Cement quality control order 2003 .
- Implements Mines and Minerals ( Development and Regulation)Act, 1957:- General Manager D.I.C acts as Mining Officer to regulate the mining operations of the district in accordance with the provisions of The Mines and Minerals (Development and Regulation) Act, 1957 and the Punjab Minor Mineral Rules 2013 made there under.