Punjab Pollution Control Board H.O., Patiala
The Punjab Pollution Control Board was constituted in the year 1975 vide Punjab Government Notification No. 6186-BR II (4) 75/24146 dated 30.07.1975, after the enactment of Water (Prevention & Control of Pollution) Act, 1974 to preserve the wholesomeness of water. Subsequently, with the enactment of other environmental laws the responsibility to implement the provisions of such laws was also entrusted to the Punjab Pollution Control Board in the State of Punjab.
Punjab Pollution Control Board has been entrusted the task of implementation of environmental laws in the State of Punjab.
Objective of Board
- Control pollution at the source with due regard to techno-economic feasibility for liquid effluents as well as gaseous emissions.
- Ensure that natural waters are not polluted by discharge of untreated city sewage.
- Maximize reuse / recycling of sewage and trade effluents and to use the treated effluent on land for irrigation and for industrial purpose after appropriate treatment.
- Minimize pollution control requirements by judicious location of new industries and relocation industries wherever necessary.
- The functions are directed towards the effective control of water and air pollution and to maintain and restore the quality of water for various designated uses and of air.
For more information, you may visit their website :- http://www.ppcb.gov.in