DISTRICT SOCIAL SECURITY OFFICE, PATIALA.
Social Security & Women & Child Development department is given the
pension/financial help to the needy old age Person, Widows & independent
Women, dependent Children & handicapped persons for their survival.
OLD AGE PENSION SCHEME
The pension given under this scheme to the 60 years old Women, 65 years old men or who are more than. The condition is for getting pension is that.
- Their monthly income should not more than Rs. 1000/-PM (for Single)
- If couple (Husband, Wife) their income is not more than Rs 1500/- PM.
- The Applicant should be permanent resident of Punjab State.
- The old age pension at the rate of Rs 250/- PM is given cash through banks
in urban area and by the Surpanch( Head of Panchyat) in the villages every
- The 70,338 beneficiaries are getting benefit under this scheme.
FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE TO WIDOWS AND DESTITUE WOMEN
Under this scheme the widows & destitute women below 60 years old & having no source of income or if her husband is not able to earn money due to any disease the women whose monthly income is less than Rs.1000/-PM will get pension Rs. 250/- PM. Under this scheme, the beneficiaries are 13,195.
FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE TO DEPENDENT CHILDREN
Under this scheme the children who are less than 21 years old orphans (destitute) or whose Parents are unable to brought up them. These children get Rs. 250/- per month. But only two children can get this financial help in a family. The children who are studying in the school & the condition is that:-
- Their motherís or monthly income should not be more than Rs. 1000/-PM
- If mother & father are both alive their monthly income should not be
more than Rs. 1500/-PM. Under this scheme the beneficiaries are
FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE TO DISABLED PERSON
The handicapped person who is unable to earn money & ceritified by C.M.O. that he has more than 50% disability. Those handicapped will get financial help of Rs. 250/-PM. If their monthly income is not more than Rs. 1000/-PM (for single)
- If they are couple (Husband, Wife) their monthly income should not more than
- The parents who have one handicapped child their monthly income limit is Rs.
- The parents having two or more than two children the monthly income limit is
Rs. 3000/- pm. Under this scheme, the beneficiaries are 6174.
NATIONAL OLD AGE PERSON SCHEME
In this scheme 65 years old men or women who have no son or widow or handicapped. They can get Rs. 200/- pm financial help from Govt. of India. Under this scheme, the beneficiaries are 2510.
NATIONAL FAMILY BENEFIT SCHEME
Under this scheme (under the poor line families) whose family head is died natural or accidental death then the next legal survival can get. Rs. 10,000/- this help amount will be given by cheque/draft to legal survival or the widow. Under this scheme the target of beneficiaries are 180 & the budget is Rs. 18,30,000/-.
THE IDENTITY CARD ISSUING SCHEME FOR SENIOR CITIZEN
Under this scheme the senior citizen (the men & women more than 60 years old) can get the identity card issued by the Social Security officer at district level. The facilities by I.D. Card
- They have special Queue for their urgent work in hospitals dispensaries, bus
stand & Libraries.
- The facilities to pay the electricity or water bill in special queue.
- Three seats are reserved in buses of Punjab Roadways & P.R.T.C. for the
Senior citizens (ID holders)
The institutes & N.G.Oís are working in the
field of social welfare area are getting grants-in-aid by the department of
CHILDREN HOME PATIALA
This home is running under J.J. ACT 2000 by the Director, Social Security & Women & Child Development Punjab Chandigarh. This home is running now in a private building Kothi No. 1168, S.S.T. Nagar, Patiala. The, Poor & needy children have admitted by the child welfare committee .Now their are 13 children which are provided free education medicine, cloths, boarding & lodging by the Govt. of Punjab.
HANDICAPPED CARDS FACILITY
Handicapped I.D. cards are issued by Social Security & Women & Child development Punjab Office.
For any further information please contact at the following address:
District Social Security Officer,Patiala
Block- D, Mini Sectt.
Phone : 0175-2358354